Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cabin Revisited

OK, Babs and I are taking a trip down memory lane here, come along for the ride! Here are some shots of our very first visit to the Webster cabin way back in 2003...

Here we are together after Babs won fair and square coughcheated at Mexican train. Just look at the pained expression of defeat on my face. That dress I am wearing is my favorite by the way. I have had it for at least 13 years. It is made of some kind of space-age fabric that never wrinkles, fades or shows any signs of aging. It still hangs in my closet though it no longer fits me so well. I will never give it up. Never! Do you hear me?!


Next we have Scott in his ten-gallon straw hat. Hunky! Hi Scott!


And here is wee Ben. He must be 5 years old there. Oh sweet chubby-cheeked thing! He had such an amazing time fishing that year! Every time he dipped his hook in, it came up with another fish. What a great lake for kids to fish! That's little Joe behind him.


Bonus shots from 2005

William in his beloved face mask...he barely took it off the whole time. A gift from Auntie B.



Out on the pontoon, Mike offered Ben the Captain's chair. I remember being so nervous about this. For the life of me I don't know why now. Sheesh. These days I'd let Charlie grab the wheel and tour the lake. Time has mellowed me. So has vodka.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Mental Lentil would be so happy you haven't given up on your dress (which looks nice, I never give up either). Well, I look much thinner and cold. You look sprightly, as always, despite your coughannual defeat.

I like that straw hat. I would say hunky too, except that its my dad's. TMI OMG ROTFL

Look at Ben! So little. I am remembering this a little better now. Love the memory lane!

Michelle said...

Oh the shame! You beat me to the comments! I was out watering the garden this morning when it hit me like a ton of bricks...

"I have had it for at least 13 years".

Oh the humanity! I *am* Mental Lentil! Still, it is a nice dress. Hey, what if I really am the Lentil, writing a secret blog and fooling you all! hehehe.

http://lentilsandrice.blogspot.com/2008/05/accidental-minimalism.html

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Do I need to come up there and separate you two? Might I suggest...a cage match Mexican Train championship (with live blogging throughout)!

Personally, I think Scott was channeling his inner Big Tex. Perhaps Barb would prefer a more Dudley Do Right sort of chapeau since you are practically in Canada?