Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Sound Of Silence


They have all gone.

It is so quiet around here.

The roof is completed, the sheet rock work is done, and the preliminary yard and garage work is completed. I feel so much more relaxed now. The sheet rock guy did a fantastic job. I am so impressed with him. He showed up exactly when he said he would, worked quickly, don't think he ever took a break, was courteous, personable and humorous. And he cleaned up so completely when he was done. His work is fantastic. So, so happy about it. Gee, who knew I could be so enthusiastic about mud and sheet rock!? Oh, and his truck is hilarious. I wish I had taken a picture of it. It had rockets on the side, as well as a giant eyeball. Quirky.

Now, it's all about painting. We will be painting until the snow flies. I'll post photos as we progress. And we have to have the garage work finished. That will be siding, a new pad, and new basalt for the driveway. I think that will go quickly, though.

Best of all, Steve finished up his out of town job a day early and will be home this evening for dinner. Ahh, things are going to get back to normal here real soon.

1 comment:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

I tend to think of normal as just setting on the dryer but when you are talking about home improvement chaos...normal is GOOOOOOOOOD!