Friday, August 22, 2008

50 Today



".....If he touched your life, you must believe that he cherished each of you in return. If his talents delighted you, your delight spurred him on to try to do more and better music, and comedy, and wildly imaginative storytelling. If your children loved him, they allowed him to explore and nurture the child that was very much alive in him, just below the surface. I can't bear to think of him as gone, but now that I know you all share the spirit, we can certainly keep his memory alive. Reach out to others, embrace your children and teach all to love music, humanity, and the Creator with whom he now dwells."

(From a letter written by Jay's sister, Meg. October 2002)



I hope everyone who knew Jay does something special today. Something quirky, something spontaneous, something kind, in honor of his birthday....50 years today.

It would have been one hell of a party, friend.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Such a beautiful letter... It captures him perfectly. I miss him.