Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yearbook Yourself

Well, there's an hour of my life I can never have back! I just spent way too much time at Yearbookyourself.com generating pictures of myself as I would have looked had I graduated from high school in various years gone by. This was absolutely hilarious and I encourage everyone to go and waste a little bit of your time doing this. One tip-once you have uploaded your photo and are looking at yourself in the different years, if you put your cursor over the bottom of the photo a toolbar will come up so you can readjust the position of your head.

I had a hard time picking a "favorite", so I just decided to make a parade of me through the decades.


Here's me in 1952. I look a little like my grandmother!



I'm glad I didn't graduate in 1960. Those Cat's Eye glasses do nothing for me!



Now, 1966 gets a little better. Can you say Bouffant?



1968 pretty much looks like normal me. Don't ya think?


And here's my boyfriend, Steve, from 1968. Aren't we just the cutest couple?!



In 1978 I get all Cleopatra Jones on your ***.


I remember I had a crush on the gym teacher that year.It was scandalous! His name was Steve, too.


And most frightening of all, 1986, the true year of my graduation. I can tell you I looked a lot better than that!


Hope you laughed hard at me! Now go try it out and laugh at yourself!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I just cried... it is amazing how evocative HAIR is. Puts you right back there. That's a little scary, as I've tried for years to forget high school ever existed!

Michelle said...

I think the 1986 version of me looks like Mary H. from our high school. She wore her hair like that with the pearls and pouffy-shouldered sweaters. I am so ugly in that picture it makes my eyes well up with tears. Oh the anguish of the eighties!