Oops. I guess I forgot to publish this post from early last week. Too busy. Not paying attention. Anyway, I will now magically transport you back in time........
This past Sunday was Gaudete (Rejoice) Sunday, the 3rd Sunday in Advent. There was much rejoicing around here as we spent the day and evening with activities that celebrate Christmas.
In the morning after mass, there was the children's nativity play. I have to say , nothing is cuter than little kids doing the nativity. Really. William was thrilled when he got the job of lighting/sound effects guy. He took the job very seriously and did just great. Here are a couple shots of the behind-the-scenes part he played.....
In charge of the lighting cues, William demonstrates his craft for me before the play begins. That is a small podium next to William, by the way. Not a casket as Steve seems to believe. Hmm...workin' the lights at Uncle Hal's funeral...
In the afternoon we did some tree decorating. We like putting up our tree a little later than most people we know. Gaudete Sunday seems like the perfect day to do it. Seeing all the old ornaments again is so much fun!
In the evening, we braved the threat of a snow/ice storm and travelled the 15 miles to get to Ben's Christmas recital. He opened the program with Deck the Halls and Angels We Have Heard On High. He played wonderfully, as did all the kids, and it was such a fun, festive ending to our day. Ben has promised to post a video over on his blog Everything I Like, but I haven't seen it appear yet. Keep checking back,it should be up sooner or later. Take a listen and leave a comment. He'd love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment