Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In Which I Use The "H" Word Again



Historic.



What an exciting morning we had watching all the live coverage of the inauguration. It was interesting to hear about and read about all the connections to Abraham Lincoln brought into the ceremonies today as well. It must have been amazing to actually have been there to see it all unfold in person.

Once the new President was off to the inaugural luncheon, we sat down to one of our own with a menu based on the official one.


Our Menu

Our Luncheon: A toast to the day with red, white and blue Mocktails.


Little LEGO Barack Obama makes his inaugural address.

What a day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! The nightmare is over- I almost feel like I'm Pam Ewing waking up and finding Bobby in the shower!

Montserrat said...

How fun! What a great way to make it memorable and educational for the kids.

Michelle said...

Anonymous! I never in a million years would have conjured a Pamela and Bobby Ewing analogy. Hilarious!

Caryl said...

Cheers to all of you! What a lovely luncheon you enjoyed on this historic day. Those red, white, and blue mocktails are really cool.

And I just spent too much time reading about the Pam Ewing/Bobby in the shower thing:
http://www.kevinmccorrytv.com/dallas.html
I missed this bit of pop culture. (Hooray for the Internets! I heart Al Gore!) I love this analogy, Anonymous.

Kim said...

Love the Lego Barack Obama!