Monday, May 18, 2009

Artistic Photos


Ben and Will have been having photo contests this past week. Each has his own digital camera (salvaged and repaired by Ben) and they just go out and take pictures of whatever strikes them at the time. Then Steve and I judge them on creativity, beauty or humor. It's a pretty loose contest, of course just for fun, so the rules tend to bend and change to suit the moment, as you will see. Here are a few of my favorites..




Ants- Eye- View, by Ben. I love it! Nice composition, but sorry, it doesn't win a prize because if you look closely (click on photo), you can see the light in Ben's bedroom (top left) burning In Broad daylight! Tsk, Tsk, BenI must disqualify you for wasting energy!



Will's Blue Flowers. This is just plain pretty. What can I say? First Place, William!!.



Dappled Log by Ben. This is really quite lovely, and as I just checked to make sure your bedroom light is out, I will award you second place!




Crab Apple Blossoms, By Ben. I am smitten with the blurred blossoms up front and the hint of blue sky and tangle of blossoms at the top. Excellent! As a consolation for having your Ants-Eye-View photo disqualified for it's environmentally incorrect statement, I will award you third place for this one.



Nice work, boys!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Great idea and great shots! Love the flowers!!! :)