Thursday, May 7, 2009

Carefree


It is so difficult lately to pay attention to our books and studies. With the weather warming and grass greening up, I am becoming lax with assignments and the boys tend to sneak out the door right after breakfast to enjoy the morning sun. I just can't bring myself to scold them back inside to write out a math page when I look out the window and see this:



I don't know if these boys know just how lucky they are! I am so glad that they are home and that their "schedules" allow for spontaneous kite flying sessions and carefree moments in the outdoors. Also, how fortunate that these two brothers, who are virtually inseparable, have had the chance to become so close, rather than being separated by peer groups and classrooms. I'm so thankful for the chance to home educate and enjoy the moments of childhood freedom that doing so affords us!


Math can take a backseat for the day-they're working on more important stuff right now.

No comments: