Click photo to see Elvis in 3-D (where Available)You are all so sad that you did not go see this show.
Really, really fun. The years have been kind to Elvis-he looked and sounded fantastic and played a 90 minute set full of just what everyone wanted to hear. We had row 7 center seating but abandoned that 5 minutes in, when everyone looked like they were planning to stay sitting throughout the whole thing (who sits through Pump It Up? Hello?). Oddly, most people did sit and tap their toes the whole time. The rest of us moved it up to the stage and danced and sang like teenage fools. Elvis kept telling people "Come on, get up here" but damn if those 50-somethings didn't just keep sitting. Then again, Steve Nieve did park himself at the keyboards in a lazy-boy the whole night, so maybe what do I know? Also sad, many spots remained empty in the reserved seating area, and here again, Elvis encouraged general admission fans to "come on in and enjoy the music". I'm not sure if there were any takers, or if security would even let them in. From any perspective, however, it was a gorgeous evening for an outdoor show and here in no particular order is what we were treated to...
Pump it Up
Everyday I Write the Book
Radio Radio
Radio Sweetheart (with a Van Morrison 'Jackie Wilson Said' twist)
Blame it on Cain
Man Out of Time
Complicated Shadows
Clubland
Uncomplicated
Accidents Will Happen
The Beat
Chelsea
Monkey to Man
Sulphur To Sugarcane
Watching The Detectives
Alison/Tracks of My Tears/Tears of A Clown/Suspicious Minds
And last but not least, the show closer...
Peace Love and Understanding
If pressed to pick favorites, I'd have to say Watching the Detectives, Sulphur, and Peace Love and Understanding. That's if pressed, mind you, because it was all stinkin' good. What was missing? If there was a 3rd encore I would have loved to hear Clowntime is Over. Or just for kicks, Let Him Dangle. OK, and Hank Williams' Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used To Do)
The end of the show was just a little sad for me because, well, it was over. I always am left wanting more of a good thing and when the music is like an old friend, it is hard to say good-night at the close of the set. I'll take the optimistic high-road though, and look forward to the next time I can partake of a live Costello show.
Everyday I Write the Book
Radio Radio
Radio Sweetheart (with a Van Morrison 'Jackie Wilson Said' twist)
Blame it on Cain
Man Out of Time
Complicated Shadows
Clubland
Uncomplicated
Accidents Will Happen
The Beat
Chelsea
Monkey to Man
Sulphur To Sugarcane
Watching The Detectives
Alison/Tracks of My Tears/Tears of A Clown/Suspicious Minds
And last but not least, the show closer...
Peace Love and Understanding
If pressed to pick favorites, I'd have to say Watching the Detectives, Sulphur, and Peace Love and Understanding. That's if pressed, mind you, because it was all stinkin' good. What was missing? If there was a 3rd encore I would have loved to hear Clowntime is Over. Or just for kicks, Let Him Dangle. OK, and Hank Williams' Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used To Do)
1 comment:
Glad you had such a good time!
Post a Comment