Sunday, September 12, 2010

2010 Parade



Smalltown had its parade today.  Both Ben and Will rode on floats for the Scouts and had a great time.

Ben riding on the Boy Scout Float (left, with his arm over the rail)

The Boys Scouts spent a few evenings putting their float together, creating an olde-fashioned campsite commemorating 100 years of scouting. They were quite excited to be handed such tools as a draw knife, axes and other sharp implements to make the scene come together.  Boys just love makin' stuff outta trees.


Ben Posing before the Parade

I myself do not understand the appeal of parades, but I guess it is fun when you get to ride on a slow-moving vehicle standing up pelting the crowd with candy, eating a great load of it yourself.



Will's Cub Scout Group and Cub Master.  Also pictured, our town's stop lights.


Will is standing up at the back, throwing candy at us.  Yay Will!

Charlie, Steve and I had a spot along the route where there were very few little kids to compete for said candy, so Charlie should be set with sugary crap until Halloween.

Charlie

Clown population at the parade was ZERO, and nary an Uncle Sam on Stilts was to be found.  I'm OK with any parade that can boast that!

No comments: