Saturday, November 13, 2010

Obligatory First Snow Of The Season Photos




The first half of November was so lovely with sunshine every. single. day. and temperatures that said "Hey, you don't need a jacket.  Just come as you are."  Last night all that changed.


Sometime in the wee hours, when we were helpless to protest, it began to snow.


Big, fat, heavy, wet snowflakes.


  Of course the kids got out there right away this morning.  Thank goodness I had them outfitted earlier in the fall.  Everyone has boots, hats, gloves, coats and snow-pants that fit.  God knows the stores will be pulling such items from their shelves now that it is snowing and people need them.  Gotta be quick about that kind of thing around here.  Which makes no sense at all.  Snow boots should be available year-round where we live. It should be a law. 


The boys report that there is about 4 inches worth of the stuff out there right now.  Sounds about right, and there is more on the way for our area.  Time to hibernate!

3 comments:

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise said...

I can't believe this! Looks pretty, but I am NOT ready for it yet!!

Michelle said...

I totally agree Denise! Pretty as it is to gaze upon, the cold and isolation the snow brings are not exactly on the top of my "to do" list....