Monday, August 1, 2011

And I Was Worried About Mosquitoes

 
Grizzly bear. Not found in WI. Whew.
  Later this week I will be chaperoning a group of 10-year-old scouts up to Tomahawk Reservation for a camping trip. I have been reviewing the bear training info and found this bit of advice somewhat disconcerting:

"If a bear enters your tent while you are sleeping, start talking with a calm voice and let the bear know you are awake"
First of all, if I am sleeping how will I be able to talk to tell the bear I am awake, 'cos, um, I'm not. I'm sleeping.
Second, Even if I were awake I would not be able to talk because there is a bear in my tent for the love of Riley!

Third, calm voice?! Again, there is a bear in my tent. Betcha I can't find my calm voice.

I hope the bear goes into someone else's tent. Much better plan.
 

No comments: