While Ben was at Sioux camp, Will and I were also at Tomahawk Scout reservation in Navajo. Steve usually has been the camp guy for the boys, so this was the first time I had gone to a scout camp with Will. Oh my-they do keep them busy at this age! Our schedule was full with really, really fun stuff from early morning until lights out at 10:00!!
I really had so much fun, and cannot speak highly enough about the staff at this camp. All college age kids from about 19-24 years old, and so full of energy!! They were always patient with the kids (a tough job when you're there with a new group every week all summer long!), smiling and encouraging. Top Notch, absolutely!
And did I mention that there was coffee available for parents 24 hours a day? Really tasty piping-hot coffee. In real mugs, people. Not styrofoam. Every morning I would wake up by 5:30 and stroll up to the mess hall to get my cuppa which I would enjoy whilst sitting quietly by the lake. I'd make sure to be back to our camp to wake the boys by 7:00, and that little bit of calm coffee time really set the day off right for me. I love you and miss you Camp Coffee!! Ahem...
And did I mention that there was coffee available for parents 24 hours a day? Really tasty piping-hot coffee. In real mugs, people. Not styrofoam. Every morning I would wake up by 5:30 and stroll up to the mess hall to get my cuppa which I would enjoy whilst sitting quietly by the lake. I'd make sure to be back to our camp to wake the boys by 7:00, and that little bit of calm coffee time really set the day off right for me. I love you and miss you Camp Coffee!! Ahem...
Here's where I whiled away the evenings, listening for approaching bear.
No bear showed up, thankfully, and the time I spent listening was filled with loon calls from the lake just beyond my tent. Score!
Aside from a chance to earn activity pins for advancement in scouts, the kids had plenty of fun stuff to keep them happy and busy every day.
| B.B. Gun shooting. I got a chance to do this, too. First time I shot a gun by the way. Yay for me! |
| Will on the Climbing tower |
| Me on the climbing tower. Yay again for me! |
| The Merry-Go-Round of Death at Scout Craft. There are all sorts of dangerous-looking boy things at Scout Craft. A mother's nightmare, a boy's dream... |
| Archery |
| Ginormous flag ceremonies |
| Polar Bear Swim 6:30 AM |
| Brave souls at Polar Bear Swim. I did not do this : ) |
Ben, Steve and Charlie came to say hello to us after they checked out of their camp. We tucked into a little Scout Craft cabin for a group photo.
And I think Charlie missed me the 4 days we were apart, because he didn't want to let go of my hand throughout his visit.
| Charlie looks so exhausted! He held my hand even as I filled out my check-out paperwork. |
I have to say, I was skeptical about going to camp. I wasn't expecting to have half as much fun as I did. I am soooo happy I went and count this as one of the most fun one-on-one times I have spent with Will. Priceless.
3 comments:
That looks like an awesome camping trip! Glad you all had a good time.
Thanks! We certainly were worn out (in a good way) by the time we got home!
Great pics! Looks like you had lots of fun. Glad the bears were smart enough to stay away from your tent. They probably have never tasted that yummy camp coffee... ;)
Post a Comment