Saturday, March 24, 2012

Honors Auditions 2012


We spent the afternoon at UW River Falls today so that Will could participate in the WMTA honors auditions.  This was Will's second year participating in the event and he went into it with calm and confidence.  

Demonstrating previously mentioned Calm and Confidence.


He has been preparing two piano songs for a number of weeks now and played them today from memory for a judge behind closed doors.

Room B 51.  Where all the cool kids audition. 

 I was surprisingly calm this year as I stationed myself, ear to door, to listen for correct tempo and dynamics.   Usually I am teary-eyed and anxious for the boys, but not so today.  From my side of the door, everything sounded as it should.  When he finally emerged again, I asked him how he thought he did.  He replied "I don't know.  I wasn't paying attention."  Well alrighty then.

After his performance, he took a written and aural theory exam.  We're still awaiting the score on that, but we did get a peek at his performance scores on our way out...Will was awarded full points for both songs and that means he will be invited back to perform one of those songs on the honors stage in a week!

And since it was another amazingly warm March day,we snapped plenty of pics outside the fine arts building.  


Happy to be done.  Next stop...celebratory ice cream!




My handsome bunch!

On to the Honors Recital!

No comments: