Still studying the Middle Ages for history, we took a break from our regular reading and spent the morning on an illuminated manuscripts lesson. I didn't have anything in particular in mind at the start, but a quick run through the Google and Voila! instant lesson.
After enjoying the lesson we spent a relaxing time doing some coloring of these beautiful alphabet letters which were a free download. The letter outline is filled with nicely drawn images of plants, flowers, vegetables and animals whose names begin with that letter. Beautiful art for anyone who enjoys detailed coloring! We also colored some more traditional caligraphy-style illuminated letters from this free printables site as well.
Here are the results...
 |
| by Ben |
 |
| My effort. I really enjoyed just sitting around and coloring these pictures. Quite relaxing. Must do this more often! |
 |
| William chose letter "Q" |
 |
| Will's illuminated initial |
 |
| Charlie's illuminated initial |
1 comment:
Beautiful letters! I have always loved illuminated manuscripts.
Post a Comment