Thursday, February 7, 2013

January. Pfft.


The blog was awfully quiet in January.  After the business of the holidays we all just wanted to withdraw from civilization and hibernate a bit.  The boys and I did keep busy with school, and Steve with work, but in our down time we retreated to our own corners and spent time in worthwhile pursuits of our own choosing.

Steve and I parked ourselves in front of the television and began watching Downton Abbey together.  We blew through the first two seasons and became quite addicted.  I wish I had just one of Mary's beautiful art nouveau gowns, along with a fancy-schmancy event to wear it to, of course!  Steve's favorite charcater is Carson and mine is the Dowager Countess.  She snarks with such class!  And for the record, I don't trust that Bates.  I think he did it.

Is that a shiv, Bates? Hmmm...
 
 
Ben, having saved up a jar or so of change over the last few years, treated himself to a new guitar in January.  A Les Paul standard.  It is quite lovely and causes much rocking out.

  
 
And finally, Will and Charlie, when not engaged in Minecraft, can be found sledding in the yard. 





Notice the half buried sled in the left of the photo.  It snowed again today. Tomorrow's forecast promises a freezing wintry drizzle mix.  We are all a bit sick of winter by now.  Oh well, back to hibernating!

2 comments:

G said...

I *love* Downton Abbey, and have been stretching out season 2... I should just get season 3 through Amazon and quit torturing myself! I don't trust Bates either, and I love the Dowager Countess!

Looks like you had a good January! And wow, it looks cold there!

G said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog! I will probably NOT buy the Project Passport thing, since we never get around to the paper crafty stuff.

Thanks for the gargoyle link!