Friday, April 18, 2008

Further Up! Further In!



We're big fans of audiobooks around here as they make our time in the car, travelling from point A to point B, much more entertaining and yes, enriching. For the past several months we have been enjoying the Chronicles of Narnia radio plays put out by Focus on the Family. They have been entrancing and beautiful, and so wonderfully captivating. I have to admit that I shed a few tears at various times in the series, so touching were some performances. At other times I nearly drove off the road when utterly transfixed in a battle scene. It is such a fantastic series! However, we have just discovered one major flaw with this 7 book, 19 CD set. That being; it comes to an end! We knew the end was near when we popped in the last CD of The Final Battle before leaving on errands today. It was over just as we arrived home again. What now? Can anything else compare? Ben wants to start over with the first story again. I myself am anticipating seeing the new Narnia movie ( Prince Caspian)due out in May. For now I will just have to be satisfied that "7 is a good number".

No comments: