O.K. This first photo needs a little explanation. It is a peculiar little habit of our family to look for "food faces" at each meal. You know, like when the cherry tomatoes and slice of bell pepper on your salad serendipitously arrange themselves as two eyes and a mouth? Or when the last few Cherrios in your bowl float into just the right formation to make a smiley face? That's a food face. If you haven't ever noticed before, you will now. Anyway, we find food faces all the time. This little face in the photo wasn't on anyone's plate, but it was a soda stain on the cement next to our pic-nick table at lunchtime...so it counts. The boys thought it was hilarious. Hey, they could have worse hobbies! So here ya go...a Como "food face".
Pausing a moment on our walk to snap a group photo, and some nature shots.
Black Bear Crossing Cafe for some treats!
And I don't think the boys had ever seen a pay phone before, and I didn't think they even existed anymore! A fun day for everyone.
3 comments:
Wow! What a blast from the past... I was just looking up photos of the conservatory about a week ago - I guess I was missing it. It looks so pretty and springlike. I used to walk around this lake every day of my life when I lived on Seminary, and skated when I couldn't walk in the winter.
Michelle - great picture of yourself, you look great! Often moms don't take pictures of themselves and just record the life of everyone else. And what do the kids want to see pictures of when they're grown? MOM! Keep it up.
Nice to see your mom too! She hasn't changed a bit.
Yes, Como holds such nostalgia for me, too. I remember so many walks there from back in the day...on dates, with friends and pushing newborn Ben in a stroller. I even recall going around the lake once with you, Judy and Angie T. (On the rare occasion she was let out) It is such a popular place, but it never seems to be too crowded to enjoy. It really has a "neighborhood Lake" feel to it, unlike other "hipper" Twin Cities lakes. Such an oasis in the city!
Thanks for the kind words about my photo. It is rare these dares that I can find a pic of myself that I am not highly critical of. Ben must have got my "good side" on that one!
Post a Comment