Monday, July 21, 2008

Get On Board That Potty Train!

Yessss! I am so excited! WoooHooo! Charlie has officially been diaper free for about two weeks now and I am so absolutely thrilled! No more diapers! Woohoo!

I tried to get him to play along with the whole potty training bit at the end of May but he outright refused and I put him back in diapers. He didn't care , but I feared I would be changing him at his college graduation. After a few weeks I decided the weather was warm enough for the full frontal nudity approach(For the boy, not me). All it took was setting him loose pant-less and diaper-less for a week and telling him he could pee on a tree if he wanted to. Hoo boy did that ever spark an interest! There were a couple of frustrating messes the first week but then it just clicked for him and he has had total success both day and night for over a week now. He has of course "branched Out" from tree work and brought the potty inside! It is so awesome!


You would think this was the first child I had ushered out of diapers by the way I'm reacting, but Charlie really took his time on this and I was so ready to be done with diaper changes long ago. Yes!

Of course Charlie is so pleased with himself and loves his new Buzz Lightyear undies. He is really enjoying having so much control over this endeavor.

This is what he picked out as his reward for doing such a great job these past couple of weeks:




And tomorrow I will be baking one of these so the whole family can fete the accomplishment. And because any excuse will do for chocolate cake, right?



1 comment:

Barbara said...

Congratulations Charlie! Oh, the sweet non-smell of success...