
I've also put out yellow bowls of soapy water in hopes of trapping them. They are attracted to the yellow flowers on the plants and the idea is that they will be attracted to the yellow bowls instead, fall into the soapy water and drown. Thanks Nora, for that timely tip. I hope it works!
Tomorrow I will concentrate on handpicking these guys from my potatoes:

For the love of Riley, not my potatoes!! Go nosh some lettuce already! I have more than enough!
Ladybugs supposedly like to eat the eggs and/or larvae of the potato bug but I can't seem to spy a single one of them anywhere near my garden. What gives? House on fire? Children at home?
Well, at least they are attractive bugs. The stripes are quite complimentary to one another, which one would not expect. Certainly they will serve a decorative purpose once all the greenery has been gnawed away.
No comments:
Post a Comment