Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crabby About Summer And Yet...


...here we are back at camp MOM again! We have been shuttling Ben back and forth to Ultimate Wilderness Survival camp this week. He's having a great time and learning lots of cool tricks for when Steve and I leave him out in the woods with only a crust of bread in his pocket.


This camp is far enough from our house that I don't necessarily want to travel back home after dropping him off, so Will, Chaz and I have been amusing ourselves at state and county parks near where Ben is spending his days.

Our first day we went to this newly opened park reserve where Will demonstrated just what a monkey he is.


And a dip in the reserve lake was the perfect way to cool off afterward.



Another of our adventures found us at a local state park for a day,

where we took a beautiful hike along the river.


I love this one and can't wait to get it printed and framed!


Here is Charlie with a handful of acorns and pinecones. No matter how many times I tell him which is which, he still mixes them up. I know someday shockingly soon he'll get it right and it will be another one of those adorable kidisms that I will miss so much!



Stopping along the trail to dip our toes in a creek.
Cold and refreshing!


A shot of me just to prove I was there!


After we finished up our hike, we headed to another fantastic lake.
Can this boy's hair be any more blond?


And tell me, is this little boy going to grow up to be a heart-breaker, or what? I absolutely love this picture of Will.


One last stop at the visitor's center just to have a looksie. Charlie thought this fishing cutout thingy was the most hilarious thing he had ever seen.



It would have been an absolutely perfect day except Will got attacked by a barred owl at the last second. Why is it my whole family thinks it is hilarious to pretend to be attacked by taxidermied wild animals?



Ok. I'm bushed. Time for a cozy cup of tea and a quiet moment of thankful reflection on our day. Back at it tomorrow!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

What a fantastic camp mom day! Great pictures... and "Chaz" (that is hilarious) is SUCH a blondie still. I love the picture of you too. I have to turn the camera on myself once in awhile to prove to posterity that I did indeed exist.

We, too, enjoy being attacked by stuffed animals. We also enjoy holding fish we caught really close to the camera so they look ginormous.