Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Lame 11th Hour Tribute To The World Series-1987 Style



1987 - The World Series began in a dome for the first time and the team with the best record at home happened to play in that dome. The St. Louis Cardinals were pounded in the first game, but fought back and forced the series to seven games before the Minnesota Twins could claim the championship. It was their first.

Kirby Cuts were all the rage! (As were banana clips)


The Viola Victory Volvo was the car to be seen in.


It Was Witty!


It Gave A Shout Out To Kirby!


It was a warning to The Enemy!


Fans Gathered In The Dome.


Look at all the Homer Hankies! I still have mine, original mustard stains and all.


Please Stand for The 7th Inning Stretch.


Post Game Traffic-I still remember the Noise!


Random Fan Feelin' The Love!


Ah, baseball. Truly you are never lame!


4 comments:

Barbara said...

Yay! I love the L11thHT. One of my favorite blog categories. Look at your HAIR and your HIGH TOPS! I can just hear the Steve Windwood and Peter Gabriel wafting from my big brown LTD station wagon.

What was I doing around this time? Was I living on Seminary? I sort of blanked out , but I know that my brothers gave me a homer hankie.

Kirby Puckett was a wonder... that short little guy could propel himself above the boards like a rocket and shag those balls. Just amazing to watch.

Thanks for taking me back... hey, Danny was born in 87!

Michelle said...

I can't even believe this was 21 years ago. How old were we? 15?

Ben saw the picture of me and was in total disbelief. Nevermind the Nike high-tops and looong hair, check out the skinny jeans. Zounds! Oh, I remember being that girl. She was a blast to be around.....

You would have been at St. Thomas that year, right?

Barbara said...

Yes, she was a blast! And you always did have the skinny to fit in those jeans. Jealous much? Yes.

I was at St. Thomas. My first year as a Tommie. Blue blazer? Check. White tights? Check. Penny loafers with the penny inserted? Check. Spiral perm with Great Wall of Bang? Check. Sally Jesse red glasses? Check.

I remember being that girl. She was like a really big republican Woody Allen.

Michelle said...

You are so hilarious! Big republican Woody Allen! Ha! Great wall of bang!

Come on, you were fortunate to be one of few new high school grads who had it all together! Besides, Penny loafers (with a penny inserted) were really,really cool!