Thursday, January 8, 2009

For Carolyn And Bhob

Hey...remember that one time when we were all in that 52 piece show band from Las Vegas and we managed to get that sweet gig at Wally's Cosmos Liquors? Remember the rows of motorcycles that greeted us as we arrived? The shouts requesting we play "Cocaine"? Bathroom stall conversations where locals boasted of seeing us on TV...and we were pretty good? Who knew a city with a total area of only 1.1 square miles could hold so many enthusiastic fans? So glad we made it out alive.....
Boy Howdy! Those were the days!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew the whole town would enjoy hearing the intro to "Ziggy Stardust" played repeatedly for 25 minutes?

I still can't believe the gig was pulled off without a hail of bottles thrown in our direction. Thanks for posting a photo I never knew existed!

-bhob

Michelle said...

I seem to remember that Wally even invited us back...he had never had such a profitable night of beer sales! And that was after making back the money he spent to build the new stage for us.

I know I have some random photos from the actual "performance" here somewhere and I will post them (with discretion out of courtesy to those currently in witness protection) if I can find them.

Anonymous said...

How much could it have cost to build a 4'x4' stage to hold 20+ people? I'm glad we left the Stonehenge prop at home!

Michelle said...

Hey, plywood ain't cheap ya know!