Our busy weekend continued Sunday with a trip to River Falls once again for the Wisconsin Music Teachers Honor Recital. Ben qualified to play at the WMTA auditions 2 weeks ago. Ben was first on the program and was very excited to set the precedent with his dynamic piece, Animal Band. This is Ben's second year playing piano and was so excited to have this spot in the recital. When we first looked through the door of the auditorium his eyes got wide and he just said "I Love it!" I don't think he was expecting the vista of the spot-lit piano on an otherwise vacant stage. My favorite thing is to watch how high his hands jump during the very staccato portions of the song. I love how his hands "talk" on those keys!
There were 40 students playing in this particular recital. It was such a treat to hear all of these kids at varying levels of learning play their long-rehearsed pieces. The eight in the group photo are all taught by Ben's piano teacher. Four of that group are educated at home. All played wonderfully!
1 comment:
Very cool! Glad you got the video of his piece - I could listen to piano music all day long!!!! Great job, Ben!
Post a Comment