I'm so slow at posting these days..I guess we're just too busy doing that I can't keep up documenting. I wanted to make sure I posted about Track and Field Day, though, because it is just about my favorite field trip with the kids every year.
When I was in grade school, I absolutely loved track and field day. There was such a buzz of excitement about it. The events took place at a big playground/ball field several blocks from our school so it included a hike in the morning sunshine to get there-a pretty big deal to the building-entrapped grade-schooler! We were still in school, yet we were outside! No lessons, just hangin with friends. I just have such fond memories! Anywhoo...I have a blast now taking my kids to an event at the local christian school. They invite home-school families every year to participate with them in a completely friendly environment. We had gorgeous weather again this year and everyone had a great day.
This was Charlie's first year to participate at the pre-K level. Here he is at my favorite event, the long-jump:
I know you are saying to yourself right now "Wow! What a spectacular leap! He must be part Gazelle!" Well, don't call the Olympic officials quite yet. Like most of the preschoolers, Charlie completed this event by jumping a few inches into the sand pit and then running the length of it. It was fantastically cute to watch and the kids are so proud to make the run through the sand.
Charlie took third place in the long-jump with a jump of 2 feet 2 inches. Way to go Charlie!

He was a little nervous about the hurdles, but did great and didn't knock a single one down. When Will was this age, he ran bare-chested straight through them, and was quite pleased with himself when they all lay strewn on the ground. Jumping, for him, was evidently very passe.
Charlie also participated in the dashes, softball throw, soccer kick and his personal favorite-Freestyle Swingset.

At the closing ceremonies, the preschool teacher presented all the littles with their own "reward" as Charlie puts it.
He was very proud!
The big kids had a fun time competing and hanging out with their friends this day as well. They move so quickly from event to event that I didn't manage to get very many pics this year, but here are a couple from my favorite event....

In the long-jump, Ben landed a 2nd place honor with an 8' 8" jump. He missed first place by just one inch!

Will also took 2nd place in his age category with a 7 foot 10 inch jump. The same as Ben's jump from last year! All in all, a super day and a fantastic way to wind down our school year!
He was a little nervous about the hurdles, but did great and didn't knock a single one down. When Will was this age, he ran bare-chested straight through them, and was quite pleased with himself when they all lay strewn on the ground. Jumping, for him, was evidently very passe.
At the closing ceremonies, the preschool teacher presented all the littles with their own "reward" as Charlie puts it.
The big kids had a fun time competing and hanging out with their friends this day as well. They move so quickly from event to event that I didn't manage to get very many pics this year, but here are a couple from my favorite event....
In the long-jump, Ben landed a 2nd place honor with an 8' 8" jump. He missed first place by just one inch!
Will also took 2nd place in his age category with a 7 foot 10 inch jump. The same as Ben's jump from last year! All in all, a super day and a fantastic way to wind down our school year!
1 comment:
Very cool! I'm glad they get to take part in a T&F Day - you are right - those are some of my favorite memories of school!!!
Post a Comment