Friday, June 5, 2009

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow


Each time I take the big kids to get a haircut, I try to convince Charlie that he too should get a little trim. For months he has resisted, agreeing only to a wisp or two being snipped at home and accompanied by a heavy bribe. Yesterday however,
he came to me and asked -nay- demanded he be taken for a haircut. It was with great exasperation that he whined "When are you finally going to take me to the haircutter shop?" blowing his bangs away from his eyes for effect. How could I resist?



Here's the man of the hour arriving to his appointment. Mouth and hands stuffed full of M&Ms courtesy of his big brother Ben. I checked them for poison first, as this sort of alliance between oldest and youngest is scarce around here.




When the stylist called him to the chair he climbed up willingly but made sure to admonish her that she was not to use any "noisy machines" while cutting his hair. Translation- No clippers or blow dryer.



He sat completely still for the whole haircut and conversed politely.



And finished with a smile! He looks like he is about 12 now.



Later that same day...impressing the ladies with his stylin' new style.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love those big boy haircut photos!