Monday, June 22, 2009

In The Trenches


We did it! We got the garden planted on Saturday! We ran out of room for all the things we wanted, though, so Steve ended up expanding the garden by about half. I'm really happy about that. We are now farmers of green beans, peas, peppers both hot and sweet, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, celery, carrots and radishes, 3 types of squash, lettuces and spinach. And for the boys, pumpkins in both mini and maxi size. Oh, and Potatoes! How could I forget about the potatoes?

Here's me leaning on my trusty shovel just after finishing the potato trenches. Makes it look like I did all the work, right? Steve deserves most of the credit on this one. he did the real digging and I just came through and cleaned up a bit. Look at how nice and straight those rows are!




Now we just sit back and wait for all the veggie goodness. And maybe pull a weed or two...

No comments: