A few weeks ago, we got all excited about some "baby" mourning doves out in our pine trees. Well, turns out they really weren't babies, despite their young appearance and failure to fly away even when we got seriously close. I felt rather foolish when the kids later found eggs in the nest and we realized they must have been a nesting pair of adults. Those eggs have now hatched and I can say with great confidence that now we have a pair of baby mourning doves in one of our evergreens!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
My Bad
A few weeks ago, we got all excited about some "baby" mourning doves out in our pine trees. Well, turns out they really weren't babies, despite their young appearance and failure to fly away even when we got seriously close. I felt rather foolish when the kids later found eggs in the nest and we realized they must have been a nesting pair of adults. Those eggs have now hatched and I can say with great confidence that now we have a pair of baby mourning doves in one of our evergreens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment