Friday, June 19, 2009

The Crush Of Young Kids

Some days-most days if I'm truthful-I look around my house and all I see are piles. Piles of laundry, washed or not. Piles of LEGOS, piles of books, piles of duct tape(!?), piles of glitter, and piles of rogue, wrestling children. How can there be a mess in every corner? I ask myself. Why are there thousands of things out of place? Must I really feed these children 3+ meals a day? And if they are so extraordinarily hungry as they say, why do they refuse to eat much of what I serve? Why, if we start the bedtime countdown at 7:30 do they not get into bed until 10:00? Sigh. Some days I think the chaos will never end. Will it get better? According to Julie at Brave Writer, Yes! It Will. Go read her article about loving the chaos while it reigns, for unbelievably, we shall miss it when it is gone....

1 comment:

Steph said...

So very true, Michelle - thank you for posting that. It is a great reminder to all Moms out there. My Mom told me how much she misses the chaos and I think of that every time I look around my toy-strewn house. There will be plenty of time for us to have a clean house. I'm going to enjoy this toy-filled house for as long as I can!!!! :)