Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camp MOM 2010


With William still away we decided to see what kind of Camp Mom fun we could get up to on a beautiful Saturday.  Of course only after a good long sleep-in!

We got home soooo late from Movies Under The Stars that everyone slept until a lazy 10:00 am or so.  We breakfasted on chocolate waffles with bananas and strawberries and came up with a lazy but fun plan for the day.

First there was the watching of a couple old Jimmy Neutron episodes while the waffles settled.  Then we headed into Downtown Smalltown to the antique mall and ice cream shop.  Hmmm...should I call this lunch then? 






Then, because we seldom do this, we strolled around town a bit ala city tourists and visited some of the shops including a new one which sells used books, CDs and albums.  I swear they stole the albums from my parents' private collection...Freddy Fender, Crystal Gayle, Dr. Hook.....Oh. my.  There were also a bunch of "German Beer Drinking Songs" selections. I was sorely tempted to buy a bunch but I resisted.  I'm sure they will be there next time we visit.  The CD selection was a bit better.  I picked up Zooropa for $2.95 as my tourist souvenir.

Once we had our fill of our own stomping ground, we decided to head to WI Interstate Park and Lake of the Dalles for a late afternoon swim.  Being a weekend we didn't have the place to ourselves like usual, but it was not so crowded that we couldn't claim our own swimming spot.  We had a fantastic time swimming and playing with Charlie.  





After swimming until we were good and tired, we headed back home for a dinner in front of the TV, another something we simply never do. For dessert we had microwave s'mores.  We don't need no  stinkin' camp fire!!   With our meal we watched a horrible, horrible movie called Megashark VS. Giant Octopus, starring Lorenzo Lamas and Deborah "Debbie" Gibson.  




It was a real eye-roller.  Ben is old enough to get the humor in a painfully bad movie now, but Charlie, he really took it seriously and loved it.  Giant Octopus was his Fave.O.Rite.

Thus ended Saturday at Camp MOM.  Everyone went to bed tired and happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Debby Gibson is in a movie? What on earth???!!!!

Michelle said...

Yes. It is true. I haven't checked to see what other blockbusters she may have been in. Might be "entertaining" to do a Debbie Gibson marathon ;)