Sunday, November 28, 2010

O Christmas Tree


Well that was fun!  We enjoyed decorating our tree last night while listening to the story of The Nutcracker, adapted by Janet Schulman.

 
This book comes with a full-length audio CD featuring Tchaikovsky's music and a narration of the story by actress Claire Bloom.  It set the mood nicely for us.

I am happy to report that I didn't curse once while stringing the lights, nor did I try to interfere with the placement of favorite ornaments.  Following tradition, Steve made himself scarce until it was time for the ceremonial placing of the tree-topper.

Every year the kids take turns placing the star on the top of the tree. 


Charlie 2009
 
It is one that Steve made for me in our college days from sports car parts and love. I treasure its simplicity still. 


Cue angelic voices and sparkle effects


This year Bumble had the honor, with a little help from Ben of course.


"That is one Humble Bumble"


  Looky what he can do, and he doesn't even need a step ladder!


Ben, 12 years old and 5' 8", reaches the top with ease.

And here is the tree in all its lighted glory (or at least the best we could do not being professional photographers).



Pretty, no?

No comments: