Saturday, October 22, 2011

An Afternoon Of Sculpture




One of those things that had been on my "To Do" list for forever was to visit a nearby sculpture garden with the boys. Franconia Sculpture Park is on a road that I travel infrequently, and when I do, I am usually under a time constraint because I am on my way to "somewhere" else.  "We'll have to remember to go there someday" I say as we whizz by.  Well, since we didn't star school officially until October 1st this year, we had a lot of late-fall lazy days to enjoy outdoors together; I was finally able to make good on my word.   We packed a lunch and spent a few hours marveling at the different definitions that "sculpture" can have.

Just a few of our favorites...

Polished Stone Chairs

Become The Art

Gar


Belly of the Beast

The Harris Project


2 comments:

G said...

What an awesome sculpture garden! And great pictures. There's a Rodin sculpture garden not too far from us... I need to get my kids there.

Michelle said...

Wow-Rodin! You do need to go...and do a blog post about its assured awesomeness!

I was telling a friend about the Franconia sculpture park and she had never heard of it despite living in the area many years. Looks like we may be making another trip with her and her kiddos this coming week if the weather co-operates! Yay!