Saturday, December 31, 2011
2011 Reading Titles
This list only includes books I read for my own enjoyment, and a couple of favorite history read-alouds with the kids. There were also many versions of King Arthur, Beowulf, Gawain and the Green Knight, and Norse myths that I previewed for the kids that I didn't include here. I did list the ones that the kids and I ultimately enjoyed together. I'm still adding on as I recall stray titles...
Peter, Paul and Mary Magdalene: The Followers of Jesus in History and Legend-Bart D. Ehrman
Misquoting Jesus:The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why-Bart D. Ehrman
Jesus Interrupted:Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible-Bart D. Ehrman
Omnivores Dilemma (audiobook)-Michael Pollan
Food Rules: An Eater's Manual-Michael Pollan
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day-Jeff Herzberg
Lamentations of the Father-Ian Frazier
God's Problem:Why the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question-Why We Suffer-Bart D. Ehrman
What Your Fifth Grader Needs To Know-E.D. Hirsch Jr.
What to do when You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety-Dawn Huebner
Earth (the book): A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race-Jon Stewart
A Short History of Nearly Everything-Bill Bryson
Shakespeare:The World As Stage (audio book)-Bill Bryson
Beowulf the Warrior-Translated by Ian Serralier
The Sword and the Circle: King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table-RosemarySutcliff
The Mother Tongue;English and How it Got That Way-Bill Bryson
Shakespeare: His Work and His World-Michael Rosen
The Omega Plan-Artemis Simopolous
Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things-Prof.Randy O. Frost PhD, Prof. Gail Steketee PhD
In The Garden of Beasts: love, terror and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin-Erik Larson (Didn't get a chance to finish this fantastic book. Must revisit)
Crimes Against Logic-Jamie Whyte
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (audiobook)-Benedict Flynn, read by Sean Bean
The Everything Celtic Wisdom Book-Jennifer Emick
Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold-C.S. Lewis
The Book of New family Traditions-Meg Cox
Society Without God: What the Least Religious Nations can tell us about Contentment-Phil Zuckerman (This was a fantastic book! Eye-opening!)
How We Believe: Science, skepticism and the Search for God-Michael Shermer
Parenting Beyond Belief-Dale McGowan
Raising Freethinkers-Dale McGowan
The problem of Pain-C.S. Lewis
The Screwtape Letters-C.S. Lewis
Mystery of the Roman Ransome-Henry Winterfield
Eagle of the 9th-Rosemary Sutcliff
Like Water for Chocolate-Laura Esquivel
How to Read Literature Like a Professor-Thomas C. Foster
Freeing Your Child From Anxiety-Tamar Chansky
The History of the Medieval World: From the Conversion of Constantine to the First Crusade-Susan Wise Bauer (I didn't finish this. Plan to go back to it soon)
The Voyage of St. Brendan-John O'Meara
The Notebook-Nicholas Sparks
Children of Odin-Padraic Colum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment