The bees have been keeping themselves busy now that the weather is warming up again. Last time we opened the hive, they had some good comb coming along, and things were awfully sticky in there. So far, so good!
Our apple and ornamental trees have seen a lot of action his past week as they came into full bloom...
...and home base is a flurry of comings and goings. No one cares a bit about me as I crouch in close to snap a few pictures. The pollen sacs on these tiny bees are so huge; I don't know how they fly straight!
We'll open the hive again soon, and see what they're building in there. My friend Margie is setting up a hive this coming weekend, too, so we'll have someone else to compare notes with.
1 comment:
I wish we had room for a hive!
Post a Comment