When my oldest was in second grade or so, I moved him from Saxon Math to the SRA math program Explorations and Applications, which you can read a bit more about in this post. One of the components of this interesting program was a set of board games that reinforced several different math concepts from the book. Although I ditched the SRA program long ago, in favor of things more home school friendly, I did hold on to the games. They are simple to use and quick playing. Charlie and I used several this week. As always, Charlie is happy to play a game with me, and the learning and reinforcement comes naturally.
| The Frog Pond Game for addition and subtraction practice |
| The 10 Below 0 Game to become familiar with numbers above and below zero |
| The Find the Distance Game practiced estimating straight distances; comparing line lengths, and multiplying by 2. |
No comments:
Post a Comment