As a part of our summer Shakespeare studies, I wanted to take the boys to see a live performance, because, of course, Shakepeare's plays were originally written to be watched, not read! Doing a quick search on the internet, I was able to come up with a few choices of venue locally for some Shakespeare in the park. It was especially exciting to find out that a favorite locale of ours, the Franconia Sculpture Park, was presenting The Merry Wives of Windsor, as a part of their weekend concert series this past Saturday.
The weather was gorgeous, so we packed a picnic dinner and spent a great evening with friends and the Cromulent Shakespeare Company. Having prepared the boys with the plot beforehand, they were able to follow the storyline easily and even picked up on much of the humorous word play. I'm so glad we went!
![]() |
| John Falstaff-A favorite character of Queen Elizabeth! |
![]() |
| Sir Hugh and Doctor Caius |
![]() |
| Mistress Ford and Mistress Page-The Merry Wives |
![]() |
| Mistress Quickly |
![]() | |||
| Falstaff, you Banbury Cheese! |
![]() |
| Full cast, final bow. |
![]() |
| Our hillside seating |
![]() |
| Sunset over Sculpture. Time to go home after an excellent evening! |








1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! I think in July there is a free Shakespeare performance (outdoors) near here... I'll have to look into it.
Post a Comment