| Never knowingly be serious-rule 27*. -The Doctor |
Ben will be taking Introduction to Engineering Design at the local high school this year. This will be a 1 credit elective on his transcript, and he has the chance to earn college credit if he does well in the course, and on the final. I think he'll really enjoy it.
Introduction to Engineering Design (IED) is a Project Lead the Way class, designed
for 9th or 10th grade students. The major focus of IED is the design
process and its application. Through hands-on projects, students apply
engineering standards and document their work. Students use industry
standard 3D modeling software to help them design solutions to solve
proposed problems, document their work using an engineer’s notebook, and
communicate solutions to peers and members of the professional
community.
Today was his first day,
which wasn't very exciting. Though he certainly looked ready for excitement this morning. The teacher took attendance, went over the rules*,
and handed out student planners. I went for a quick hike at a nearby
park while he was in class and after I picked him up, we went for iced
coffees. With whipped cream on top.
One day down, 179 to go!

1 comment:
Wow! That sounds like a great class - I bet my son would love something like that! I hope he really enjoys it. He certainly does look ready for anything in those pictures, and so grown up!
Post a Comment