Friday, May 17, 2013

Radio Road Trip



If you happen to be in the neighborhood of Dayton, Ohio this weekend, Ben will be speaking in the Youth Forum at the Amateur Radio Convention on Saturday!  His topic is Getting Started With Amateur Radio Satellites. He'll  be talking about his experiences  facilitating contact between The International Space Station and Farnsworth Aerospace Magnet last spring, 


Crew N9XH operating at Farnsworth. photo credit Rick W9WS

 as well as how to send and receive messages and images from various amateur radio satellites.

Image of Earth received  by Ben from ARISSat-1

Ben is one of  6 young speakers invited to Dayton this year by Carole Perry, moderator of the forum, and he is so excited for this honor!  I am, of course, petrified for him.  I hope all goes off without a hitch despite my unending anxiety, and that he has a great time sharing his interest with others!  I can't wait to see the photos!

1 comment:

G said...

What an honor for Ben, and how exciting for him! I'd be petrified too. ;)