I was feeling a bit guilty that we had not hunted for Monarch caterpillars this August. It is something I have done year after year with Ben and Will and I was feeling like I had dropped the ball this year with poor Charlie.
Howevah... I am happy to report that the return of some long-absent sunshine pulled us out for a milkweed hunt around the pond. I wasn't sure we'd find any of the little guys still hanging around and chompin' at this late date, but we did!! We lucked out and found two very plump volunteers to take indoors with us.
Now safe inside our old aquarium (which has been home to many a caterpillar over the years) one guy is already seeking higher ground and will probably be performing a little transforming magic for us very soon.
Whew. Just under the wire with this one, but now I can cross "didn't grow butterflies" off of that "Reasons why I'm a bad Mom" list that I keep in my head.
Stay tuned for ch-ch-changes...
No comments:
Post a Comment